Nestled in the heart of Southern Illinois, Mt. Vernon is home to one of Continental’s largest tire plants. Built as General Tire in 1973 then acquired by Continental in 1987, the plant manufactured its first tire on February 20th, 1974. What once started out as a 32 acre under roof facility with 47 employees has now grown into more than 100 acres with 3,500 employees. Attracting employees from a 65-mile radius, Continental Tire Mt. Vernon is the largest employee south of Peoria, IL. The plant produces passenger and light truck tires, truck tires and pre-cure tread. With many job opportunities in production, supervision, engineering, maintenance and so much more, Continental Tire Mt. Vernon strives to be the employer of choice in our area.
- Engineering & Technology
- Central Functions
- Full-Service cafeteria and mini marketplaces
- Training center
- Continental Company Store (company branded apparel and accessories)
- Employee locker rooms with showers and storage
- Regular team building events for departments and business teams
- Community volunteer opportunities and community partnerships for employee-family participation
- 11525 North Illinois Highway 142, Mt. Vernon, IL 62864 (at the crossroads of I-57 and I-64)
- Known as “Festival Arts City,” Mt. Vernon is located in Jefferson County, Illinois and founded in 1817 and has a population of 15,277 people, as of the 2010 census.
- Partnership with Rend Lake College