Emergency brake assist for turning right when a cyclist is approaching (parallel to the vehicle), high-resolution display of a 360° environment model generated by radar.
- Short Range Radar SRR520
- Detection of a cyclist before turning right
- Brake intervention when turning right to avoid a dangerous situation
- High-resolution, radar-generated 360° environment display taking static and dynamic objects into account
- Free space detection as a basis for extended safety functions such as an Emergency Steer Assist
- EuroNCAP 2020+ scenario
- Active safety through an emergency brake assist, in a (technically) complex to detect situation
- Very accurate imaging of the environment purely through radar technology
- In the truck sector, a right turn assistant is already required by law; we show that this is also a safety benefit for cyclists when used in the passenger car sector.
- Another step towards Vision Zero
- Prevention of accidents
- More safety for riders and cyclists
- Driver is supported in a complex situation