- The General TE95 provides continuous traction performance in road and construction applications
- V.ply technology and an optimized tire contour provide high stability
- Matching addition to the existing General Tire series
Hanover, March 30, 2021 Continental is expanding its General Tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry with the General TE95 tire. The tire impresses with high traction, especially for soil compaction work in road and construction applications, and, like the entire product line, is equipped with V.ply technology. With this expansion, the General Tire tire portfolio grows to a total of 18 tire specifications for the earthmoving industry. The first General Tire earthmoving tires were launched in early 2020 - the portfolio now includes a total of 14 sizes, which are used on wheel loaders and dozers as well as on dump trucks and scrapers.
The optimized tire contour of the General TE95 ensures even pressure distribution on construction vehicles such as single-drum compactors. This keeps construction site soils smooth during compaction. However, sandy, muddy or stony soils can be a challenge for construction vehicles. That's why the General TE95's geometric, robust tread blocks provide continuous traction performance in a variety of soil conditions. As with all General Tire EM tires, V.ply construction technology ensures strong sidewalls on the TE95, providing optimal protection against punctures and cuts.Comprehensive product portfolio for earthmoving applications
The General TE95 complements the existing General Tire V.ply Earthmoving range. As of now, the General Tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry consists of the following tires:
- General TE65: Low aspect ratio and wide base for wheel loaders and dozers used in heavy-duty digging and loading operations
- General TE191: Heavy-duty wheel loader tires for digging and loading operations
- General TE 6: Bidirectional L3 tire ideal for skid steer loaders
- General TE188: Multi-purpose earthmover tire for ADT, RDT, loader and scraper applications
- General TE132: Wide base tire designed specifically for dump trucks in rough off-road conditions and shorter distance.
- General TE11: Rugged tire design, mainly for grading work
- General TE95: Uniform pressure distribution thanks to wide base, ideal for compaction work with compactors
All tire lines benefit from the innovative V.ply technology. V.ply technology combines the advantages of cross-ply tires and radial tires, by integrating a weave pattern of different strands laid out at special angles. Since steel cord does not provide an optimal bond between the carcass and the rubber casing, V.ply technology uses a high-strength polymer. The carcass of a General Tire V.ply tire consists of up to 22 layers of diagonal fibers embedded in three wire cores and precisely aligned in a V-pattern. Unlike conventional cross-ply tires, the intersecting textile layers of a V.ply tire are arranged at an angle of approximately 30 degrees. Together with the sidewall layers, this provides increased tire stiffness and enables a higher level of stability and durability during sudden movements and cornering.
Further information can be found at: https://www.generaltire-specialty.com/products/te95