- 80 international participants joined the virtual Award Ceremony on July 15
- 11 suppliers were selected based on comprehensive performance evaluation
- Outstanding quality performance was recognized with a Quality Award
Regensburg, Germany, July 18, 2022. Collaboration and customer focus continued to be Continental’s guiding principles in yet another challenging and transformational year. Recognizing its best suppliers for 2021 with “Supplier of the Year” awards, Continental Automotive acknowledged exemplary performance by its strategic series suppliers in a virtual award ceremony on July 15, 2022. “We enjoy an intensive and synergistic relationship with our suppliers and have been working with them more closely than ever in these recent extremely challenging times. We will continue to count on our strong collaboration to shape technological transformation, with a strong focus on digitalization and decarbonization,” said Nikolai Setzer, Continental CEO and Chairman of the Automotive Board.
Last year, the global supplier network of around 7000 suppliers delivered 170,000 different part numbers to 80 Continental Automotive production sites, with a total processed volume of around 165 billion individual components.
“It was an important and rewarding task to select the winners of our “Supplier of the Year” awards for the year 2021 out of our base of 1300 strategic suppliers. I would like to congratulate each of the 12 winners who have delivered outstanding performance on different parameters ranging from engagement and quality to supply and purchasing conditions. A special mention must be made to our supplier FRIULPRESS – SAMP S.p.A. for being awarded in the area of mechanics and also being selected as the winner of our special category “Quality”.” said Peter Popp, Head of Automotive Purchasing at Continental.
Continental presents the “Supplier of the Year” awards to the best suppliers in the fields of electronics, electromechanics, mechanics, business area specific solutions of Autonomous Mobility and Safety and Vehicle Networking and Information, production equipment and engineering services. The award for outstanding quality is presented as part of the special category “Quality”.
The 12 most outstanding series suppliers include:
- FRIULPRESS – SAMP S.p.A.
- NIHON DEMPA KOGYO CO., LTD. (Frequency Devices)
- TAIYO YUDEN CO., LTD. (Capacitors MLCC, tantalums)
- IRISO (Connectors Standard Automotive)
- Huizhou BYD Electronics Co., Ltd. (Connectivity)
- FRIULPRESS – SAMP S.p.A. (Casting Parts)
- EJOT SE & Co. KG (Forgings Steel)
- Business Area specific solutions of Autonomous Mobility and Safety
- Ningbo Sunny Automotive Optech Co., Ltd. (Optical Devices)
- Business Area specific solutions of Vehicle Networking and Information
- CORNING AUTOMOTIVE GLASS SOLUTIONS LLC (LC Displays)
- Viaoptic GmbH (Decorative Plastics)
- Production Equipment
- Baumann GmbH (Backend Assembly)
- Engineering Services
- AROBS TRANSILVANIA SOFTWARE SA (Engineering Services)