- Mobile application is now free for iOS and Android systems
- Initial vibration analysis can be carried out on engines, vehicle cabs, and many industrial devices
- Product images clearly show possible mounting options
Hanover, April 2017. ContiTech has further developed its ViProtect app: the app is now also suitable for mobile devices using the Android operating system and is still available to iOS users. Installed on a smartphone, the app is a useful tool for mobile vibration measurements. It can be used to perform an initial analysis of a wide variety of industrial systems and to take on-site measurements. Based on the data gathered, solutions for decreasing the respective level of vibrations are then proposed, thereby preventing expensive breakdowns and repairs. The enhanced mobile application supplements the range of professional analysis technology offered by ContiTech. It is available to users in the European Union and Switzerland.
The app functions as follows: on opening the app, users are given some advice on using the technology and taking measurements on devices that are in operation. To improve the degree of accuracy, the app carries out a base measurement which is used to calibrate the acceleration sensor. Users can then begin taking the actual measurement. The smartphone is placed directly on the vibrating surfaces of driver's cabs, engines, or other industrial devices. After just ten seconds, the app completes the measurement. Using the Fast-Fourier-Transformation (FFT) principle, data is converted and displayed in the frequency domain. After selecting the critical excitation frequency and other use-specific details, the app suggests options for a suitable mounting system.
The updated app includes a new feature where it illustrates the product suggested, giving users an even clearer impression. “The products suggested are options that are tested together with mounting experts from ContiTech to ensure that they are suitable for use in the respective application,” says Dr. Stefan Narberhaus, head of industrial development at ContiTech Vibration Control.
- Insulation System with Multiple Potential Smart Applications
- Radar Sensor for Intelligent Solutions in Industrial Applications
- Intelligent Drive Belts Enable Preventive Maintenance and Reduced Maintenance Outlay
- ContiTech Presents Highly Accurate Measurement Technology and the Strongest Steel Cord Conveyor Belt in the World
- Conti Professional: New Functionalities Added to Drive Design Software
- ContiTech Further Develops App for Mobile Vibration Analysis
- Hannover Messe: ContiTech Rewards Reliable Partners