- WinterContact TS 870 and TS 870 P deliver outstanding performance whatever the weather, enabling precise steering and providing a good safety margin
- Latest generations of Continental winter tires offer enhanced grip and shorter braking distances on ice and snow
- Much longer tire life than previous models
Hanover, January 25, 2023. Ford has added premium winter tires from Continental as part of the winter complete wheel program for its latest Explorer, Fiesta, Focus, Mustang and Puma models. For these five models, the WinterContact TS 870 and WinterContact TS 870 P can be ordered directly from dealers. Both winter tire models offer exceptionally safe handling on dry roads and on snow as well as short braking distances on ice. In addition, they impress in all weather conditions with precise steering behavior and good safety reserves. A series of independent winter tire tests have given the Continental WinterContact TS 870 and WinterContact TS 870 P top marks in 2022.
The experts from Continental redesigned the WinterContact TS 870 and WinterContact TS 870 P from scratch, optimizing the tread patternand rubber compound in the process. The braking distances of the WinterContact TS 870 on ice are 3 percent shorter than the predecessor model, while its handling on snow has been improved by 5 percent. It also offers improved grip on snow and a tire life that is 10 percent longer. For the WinterContact TS 870 P, this figure is as much as 16 percent higher than its predecessor.
The improved properties of Continental's WinterContact TS 870 have convinced independent testers many times over. In British automobile magazine Auto Express, it secured the top position in six test disciplines –including snow braking, snow circle, rolling resistance, dry handling, wet circle and aquaplaning – and was thus awarded as best winter tire of the season. The General German Automobile Club (ADAC) in turn declared it the "most balanced tire in the test”.
The WinterContact TS 870 P also secured a place on the winners’ podium, with specialist magazines Auto Bild Allrad and Auto Bild Sportscars each singling it out for its short braking distances on snow and its sporty, dynamic handling on wet roads. The testers also praised its exceptionally low rolling resistance.
The WinterContact TS 870 and WinterContact TS 870 P are available from tire dealerships in numerous countries for a range of car brands and their models. The WinterContact TS 870 is suitable for compact, mid-sized and entry-level luxury cars. The WinterContact TS 870 P is the ideal solution for sedans, SUVs and sports cars. The stable design also makes the tire ideally suited for the heavier vehicles with electronic drives due to their construction.
- WinterContact TS 870 P, 255/55 R20 110V XL FR
- WinterContact TS 870, 195/60R15 88T
- WinterContact TS 870 P, 205/45R17 88V XL FR
- WinterContact TS 870, 195/65R16 92H
- WinterContact TS 870 P, 205/60R16 92H
- WinterContact TS 870 P, 215/50R17 95H XL FR
- WinterContact TS 870 P, 255/40 R19 100V XL FR
- WinterContact TS 870, 205/65R16 95H