(July 2021) Revolution on wheels: While car engines had to be cranked before, the push of a button suffices today. And people who perhaps still use maps on the passenger seat are certainly no longer up-to-date, and are endangering themselves and others due to distraction. Digital technology has long become commonplace in many areas of life and work – and, of course, also in mobility. On the roads and behind the wheel, highly intelligent computers with specialized software are increasingly taking over tasks that make driving easier, increase comfort and improve safety.
The value of vehicle software will triple over the course of the next decade: from around €800 to almost €2,400 per vehicle (Sourcee: Berylls Strategy Advisors).
- With our structure, we are consistently aligning ourselves with our key strategic action fields for the future of mobility.
- Together with our customers, we – as architects and technology integrators – are developing the central nervous system of the mobility of the future.
- Car manufacturers, suppliers and IT companies can master the growing complexity only in close collaboration as partners.
- With our software powerhouse he[a]t, we are well positioned.
Our software enables vehicle manufacturers to deliver added value to their customers through innovative and distinctive features.
- Fast (time to market)
- Continuous (over a vehicle’s entire life cycle)
- Comprehensive (through system competence)
- With automotive quality (stability, safety, data security, testing and validation)
Approximately 19,000 software and IT specialists
Own international software academy since 2018
Continental Software in over 1 billion vehicles