Continental’s sustainability ambition
- Sustainability is the key driver of innovation at Continental and is firmly embedded in our strategy. After all, sustainable business and sustainable management ensure profitable growth and provide competitive advantages.
- Our holistic approach – four prongs consisting of carbon neutrality along the entire value chain, emission-free mobility and industry, a fully circular economy and a fully responsible value chain – sets a new standard in the supplier industry.
- We will proceed with courage and conviction, but we are also fully aware that we don’t yet have an answer to every question and that this will be a marathon.
- Climate protection is often associated with sacrifice. We see it quite differently: The transformation of the economy toward carbon neutrality is above all a tremendous opportunity – for the planet but also in commercial terms for our company. We want to boldly take advantage of the opportunities offered to us as pioneers.
- Carbon neutrality, emission-free mobility and industry, a circular economy and responsible value chains are the main channels of transformation to a more sustainable economy. Continental can therefore have only one ambition: to achieve 100 percent in each area by 2050 at the latest, and together with our partners throughout the value chain.
- We are fully committed to the Paris Agreement. At the end of 2020, the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) confirmed that our targets are in line with this agreement.