Take advantage of the opportunity to gain experience in various purchasing functions in an international and performance-driven work environment. As part of the program, you will come into contact with different interfaces in all areas of the company, such as Production, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, R & D, and Logistics. Early on-the-job responsibility, combined with interesting international and cross-functional projects, makes the program your personal adventure. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
The aim of the Group Purchasing Graduate Program is to give you the opportunity both to shape the work of the central organization and to gain insights into different Continental group sectors, business units, and departments. The program offers a variety of tasks and challenging opportunities that integrate you into the basic purchasing process, ranging from operational to strategic and from local to corporate purchasing. The program offers a valuable insight into this field of work and prepares you well for a future career at Continental.
Depending on your experience and background, the program lasts 19–24 months and is split into four assignments, each lasting 3–6 months. The first assignment will take place in your home country, followed by an assignment in Group Purchasing in Germany. You will gain experience in another plant or regional area and, in your final deployment project, you will focus on the work you will do in your last internship. At least one of the four assignments will take place abroad and you will have the opportunity to get to know a cross-divisional department. You will be involved in the development of intelligent solutions for future technologies. Depending on your individual strengths, you will assume responsibility at an early stage. The program offers you excellent opportunities to grow quickly and start your career at Continental.
The Group Purchasing Graduate Program prepares you for key positions within the global purchasing organization. You can look forward to:
- Exciting professional challenges
- Global career opportunities
- A performance-oriented working environment
- Early operational responsibility
- An open culture and open doors
Our company offers various possible positions, for example:
- Purchasing Manager at one of our production sites
- Regional Category Manager in a regional function
- Global Strategic Lead Buyer for Raw Materials or Indirect Materials in a central function
- Excellent academic performance in economics or engineering
- Initial practical experience of strategic or operational processes through internships/theses
- International experience – living, studying, or internship abroad
- A willingness to learn and improve new systems, e.g., MS Office, SAP
- A proven ability to work analytically and independently
- Strong communication skills
- High mobility during and after the program