Radios with a CAN bus connection offer manufacturers more options to integrate the radio functionality into drivers’ cabins. The devices can be easily operated by means of an external touchscreen in the vehicle or steering wheel buttons – and Continental offers a wide range of solutions for digital DAB and DAB+ radio reception, also for retrofitting.
- CAN radio requires no space in the dashboard, since it can be operated via an external touchscreen display or steering wheel buttons
- Calls or streaming – two smartphones can be connected to the CAN radio at the same time
- Radio reception with no restrictions – devices with digital-terrestrial reception (DAB and DAB+) instead of analog reception are ready for the new EU standard
- CAN radios are also available in versions with large, ergonomic buttons and keys for manufacturers who do not want touchscreen displays
- DAB and DAB+ are available for both standard radios and the new CAN devices